Friday, April 16, 2010

like a midnight star

let him go…

like the star that fades as the morning wakes

at dawn as dogs stops to bug the moon and shadows

to a place where maybe hearts will hurt no more

to a place where another human can no longer cause pain

like a midnight star

memories remain

the pleasant one I shall cherish

time spent with shall be remembered only in honor

as friends we shall tell stories with smiles

of a great friend maybe even shed a tea

still I thank God for having given the chance

to be in company of a greater person

at night as we count stars

i know yours will be shinning amongst the best

hope you are at peace now…

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex, I like your poems and I think you are a great writter, but I get lost when reading then i.e midnight star , the first line seems like a lady breaking up with a guy but as I read on I am not too sure anymore, think they are too metaphorical

    ReplyDelete