Monday, July 19, 2010

TORO YA ME YA AFRICA

Toro ya me ya Africa
Has been compromised by colonialism
I dreamt of Africans discovering themselves,
of African nations building their own society.
Communities being the building blocks
from which the continental Nation is build

Empa, toro ya me
has been compromised by international ideals
ideals that seek to leave
me feeling silly
my humanity is questioned
by those who caused my continent
un-qualified and non-quantified injustice

with their models of what I should become
they destroyed the vision of my skin
tamed my wilderness with modern nonsense
while smiling at me teaching me this language
now I am writing this
more than I do Setswana sa ga lowe
more than I do puo ya ga mme

toro ya me ya Africa
has been severely molested
by intruding cultures
that have no moral decency
cultures that brought to my shores
moral decay and hunger and anger

i am not angry
it doesn’t matter any more
it is now only a nightmare

No comments:

Post a Comment